Monday 25 July 2011

Stereo discord

Katapola in July is quieter than I expected, in more senses than one.  In low or mid sesson visits I have sometimes nearby bars seeming to fight each other with the volume of their music, both playing different music.  The effect was deafening, and you could hear neither, just a very loud noise.

I don't mind what sort of music is played (it's not all my sort of music, but any music is likely to be someone's favourite)   as long as only one piece is dominant.  I did enjoy the Bach being played at the Moon Bar the other morning!

Thinking of what I would call a "discord" reminds me that I have often noticed in a taverna or cafe that the TV is on - nothing unsual in that.  But the volume of the TV is off, and the sound you can hear is of something completely different.  Even with news programmes, a different sound track has been playing.  But with football - the screen and sound are aligned!

No comments:

Post a Comment