Tuesday 26 July 2011

Old Bakery in Xilokeratidi

In 1985 I stayed in Xilokeratidi, .  Near where I stayed (above the Bitzentos building) was a bakery.  You can still see the old sign.

ARTOPOLEION

If you head inland down the track between the Gavalas taverna and the Kasbah bar, you will see the sign at the T junction ahead.


I took this photo in July 2011.  After 1985 my next visit to Amorgos was in 1990.  I went down the lane to where the bakery had been.  The bakery was no more, I T remember seeing a garage type building where the bakery had once been.

The Mavros bakery in Katapola did not open until some years later,  There was I remember a bakery in Katapola - I remember it as doubling up as a cafe.  It was in the cafe next to what is now the Gorgona souvlaki shop., and was once called Frianderie.

No comments:

Post a Comment