Wednesday 27 July 2011

Cool sweets made from yogurt

I read this recipe in Ekathimerini
Cool sweets made from yogurt

These are perhaps recipes I might try in England, but look too complicated to make whilst I am in Greece.  Who was it who said thgat life is too short to stuff mushrooms?  I like my food preparation to be quick and easy.

There is a recipe I like in England, using Total yoghurt.  I haven't tried this recipe in greece as I have not seen (or even looked for!) lemon curd in Greece.  I know that I could make lemon curd, but life's too short..................

My recipe is for lemon ice cream.  You need a tub of 10% fat Total yoghurt, and some lemon curd.  the lemon curd should be the pale yellow sort, not the vivid yellow sort.

Mix the yoghurt and lemon curd.  The proportions should be according to your taste, say one large spoonsful of lemon curd to a small tub of yoghrt.

Mix and freeze.

And enjoy!

Writing of Total yoghurt reminds me of the paper discs on top of the yoghurt.  I did recent;y forget to take the paper off, and poured honey onto the paper disc.  It was much easier to get the honey off the disc than I expected.  I remember once having a pudding at a restaurant in England.  I forget exactly what the pudding was, but an ingrediant was Greek yogurt.

I was eating the pudding - and found a disc of paper in the pudding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment