Tuesday 27 September 2011

Kalo Taxidi - Dripping in the Night

Dripping in the Night
There are people in the next room. They have been here for over three weeks. I do not want to be a nuisance and make a noise and disturb what must be their idyllic spot. I heard a dripping in the night. The fridge makes a dripping sound when switched on - I had switched the fridge off for the night.

I found that the tap in the wash basin was dripping - turned off properly but dripping. But that was not the noise that I heard.

The kitchen sink tap is not dripping. The sound is from outside. I did not think of rain - my first thought was of water dripping from the air conditioning, even though I had not used the air conditioning. I quietly opened the door. The dripping noise came from near the air conditioner - but it was rain, dripping onto a flat surface at the junction of a waste pipe.


An extract from my book about Greece, "Kalo Taxidi".

No comments:

Post a Comment