Monday 26 March 2012

Changing the clocks - 4.15 a.m. will be quite early enough

I usually go to Greece in spring and autumn, and I've often flown back to England on the Sunday after summertime or summertime has started. 
In Greece the clocks are changed at 4 a.m.

One year I wanted to get to Athens airport for an early morning flight.  The night before I asked the hotel reception to book a taxi for 4 in the morning.  A slightly pained expression spread over the hotel receptionist's face.  "4.15 a.m. will be quite early enough, he said."   I saw his point - 4 a.m. was not a good time to ask for a taxi on that particular night!

I've also spent a few nights at Athens airport on the night the clocks change.  Time moves slowly when you spend a night at an airport.  Ylou are asiiting, half reading, half snoozing.  Three oc'clock, three fifteen, three thirty, three forty five, three fifty, three fifty five.  Four o'clock.  And back to three o'clock ...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment