Thursday 11 August 2011

Xenakis

Many years ago I was in London at the time of the Proms, and there was both a Xenakis concert and if I recall correctly a talk by Xenakis.  But again if I recall correctly one or both was sold out.  In any event, I didn't attend either.  Regrets now that I was not better organised.

An old friend who had been a regular visitor to Amorgos told us about the Xenakis house, the distinctive shaped building in the bay on the western side of Katapola.

Read the article about the Xenakis house in the Amorgos Island Magazine.

Read more in Wikipedia about Iannis Xenakis (1922-2001), a Romanian-born Greek ethnic, naturalized French composer, music theorist, and architect-engineer.

As an architect, Xenakis worked with Le Corbusier - read more about Le
Corbusier on Wikipedia.


No comments:

Post a Comment