Saturday 26 February 2011

My laptop - In Greece alone

Going through security at airports you have to take your laptop out of your bag and send it thoruh the X ray machine.  And then in theory you remember to pick your laptop up before you go on your way.

Read on ....................................
On my last trip to Greece I left my laptop in the security screening area of the airport. I hadn’t noticed that the laptop was missing until I found that it was not in my bag when I got home.


I had read that the lost property office at the airport, run by the police, was open 24 hours a day. We went in at about 4 a.m., after landing in the early hours. The lights were out, but were switched on as we entered.
After two months lost property is sent to a different building. Come back at 8 a.m. We went back at 8 a.m. [the Naxos flight was not until 9.30 a.m.. Lucky that we were not catching our usual 7.25 a.m. ferry from Piraeus to Naxos.

At 8 a.m. a different chap behind the desk. The Manager was not there. When would I be back in Greece? Why did I need to see the manager to pick up my laptop? I said I would be back 2 weeks on Sunday. Ring the day before, I was told.

I am glad I was not relying on retrieving that laptop to use in Greece this trip.  Apart from writin g and communication, I use my laptop tro store photos, and listen to music.  A laptop on holiday is now indispensable.

No comments:

Post a Comment