Saturday 11 May 2013

ekathimerini.com | Michelin-starred Spondi joins ranks of world’s top restaurants

ekathimerini.com | Michelin-starred Spondi joins ranks of world’s top restaurants

Whilst I wish Spondi the best of luck, I don't think I'll be eating there. The " frog legs coated with peanuts and accompanied by a celery and coconut mousse" mentioned in the article doesn't sound like my sort of dish!

Curious, I looked at the on-line menu .  The frog legs starter costs 33 euros.  There is nothing on the menu that I really fancied, regardless of price.  E.g. Venison, Sarawak pepper  /seasoning hibiscus/"Panisse" Chestnut - Celery/ Quince; or Veal Sweetbread - Arabica Coffe "Haiti Kommet"/ Jerusalem Artichoke / Liquorice.  Perhaps these combinations of flavours work well  - obviously the guide inspectors think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment