Wednesday 15 February 2012

Greece turmoil fails to deter UK holidaymakers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/15/greece-turmoil-fails-deter-uk-holidaymakers

The number of people planning to visit Greece has slightly increased from 8%-9% over the past 12 months, research shows

I am thinking of a few years ago. It was February, or perhaps March, and I was about to fly to Greece.  There had been really bad storms, and much of Greece was flooded.  States of emergency had been declared.  I asked GNTO about visiting Greece; the reply was that everything would be normal when the tourist season started in May.  But it was February / March and my flight was the next day!  So some people may make travel arrangements before "small local difficulties" arise.

I am going to Greece soon, and my plan is to get away from the Athens area asap, and spend as little time there on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment