Wednesday 15 February 2012

Britain Promises to keep her Pledge to help Greece



Britain Promises to keep her Pledge to help Greece

Sorry, a little tease ...................... :-) The article was written in 1940.

A few years ago I remember a regular evening routine.  I was on a small Greek island.  I didn't then have internet access in my room in Greece (I now take a small laptop, usb modem and Cosmote sim, and the internet is at my fingertips, faster than at home!).  Radio reception was not good, and I didn't watch TV.  So my only source of news was the newspapers that came off the evening ferry.  I was sitting in a bar by the harbour avidly scouring the newly arrived paper, either the Athens News or Ekathimerini, I forget which. I read about the general election results in England.  Odd, I thought, I had only been in Greece just over a week, and there was no general election planned when I left.  Then the lepta dropped - I was reading the "on this day umpty years ago" column!

No comments:

Post a Comment