Thursday 5 July 2012

Greece hopes tourism will rebound amid lingering crisis

Greece hopes tourism will rebound amid lingering crisis, 5 July 2012 Thursday 9:17

I was a teeny bit doubtful about going to Greece in May - June.  I wasn't expecting any problem in my island destinations - and there were no problems, just lots of friendly hugs and kisses!  If anything, I was made even more welcome than usual.

My lingering doubts were about Athens.  As it happened, as there were fewer tourists, I was able to get a seat on internal flights that would normally have been fully booked.  But I need not have worried, there was no trouble I recall hearing about in Athens whilst I was in Greece.

Reading about hotels closing in Athens because of the downturn in tourism, I'm hoping that my favourite hotels and tavernas will still be in business when I am next in Greece later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment