Wednesday 14 December 2011

Thomas Cook reports £398m annual loss

Thomas Cook reports £398m annual loss

When I first started going to Greece in the 1980s I usually booked through Thomas Cook  There was nothing wrong with the service they offered.  But in those days scheduled flights were expensive, so I travelled on charter flights.  And that meant fixed holiday lengths, 10 days, 14 days, etc.  These weren't always convenient.   I wanted to fix my own departure dates and times.  i peered at the screen the Thomas Cook person was using, wishing I could search for myself.  No intdernet booking from home then.

Then through Compuserve I had access to the flight details, but still not the ability to book for myself.

How different today, when I can book whatever I want online.

And so Thomas Cook lost many of its customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment